DCS World Lunar New Year Sale
Save 50% off on most DCS World products until 14 February 2019! The DCS: F/A-18C Hornet and DCS: Persian Gulf Map are available for 25% off. Take advantage of this great opportunity from here.
Exceptions include recently released and pre-order titles: DCS: Christen Eagle II by Magnitude 3 LLC, DCS: F-14 Tomcat by Heatblur Simulations, and the A-10C Enemy Within 3.0 Campaign by Baltic Dragon.
DCS World Open Beta Update
This weeks Open Beta update changelog can be found here.
- Updates to the recently released DCS: Christen Eagle II and MiG-21bis by Magnitude 3 LLC
- Updates to the C-101EB and C-101CC by AvioDev
- Hornet updates like corrected LAU-61 rocket weight, AIM-7 guidance without radar lock, and updated BRA and A/A Waypoint color and BRA selection.
- Updates to several campaigns
The Enemy Within 3.0 Campaign by Baltic Dragon
This week Baltic Dragon’s latest A-10C campaign was released that can be
The Enemy Within 3.0 is a complete remake of the critically-acclaimed The Enemy Within campaign for the A-10C Warthog. This story-driven campaign puts you in cockpit of the Warthog as part of a small, 6-ship US detachment sent to Georgia. Your mission is to help contain a growing threat from a terrorist organization calling itself the "Caucasus Liberation Army" (CLA). As the story unfolds, you will be faced with a variety of challenges, including close air support, precision strikes, combat search and rescue, anti-ship strikes, and even air to air combat.
Striving to be as realistic as possible, the units featured in the campaign are based on their real-life counterparts. It also uses a sophisticated radio control system, meaning that you must tune your on-board radios to the correct frequency to hear the more than 2000
custom voice overs available throughout 21 missions.Compared to the original campaign, version 3.0 offers following great additions and changes:
- 20 out of 21 missions have been rewritten from scratch. This includes the course of action, dialogues, briefings and background information.
- More than 2/3 of the missions take place in different locations than the original ones, and most feature different challenges and enemies to provide a completely new experience, 3 entirely new missions that are designed to complement and extend the storyline.
- The 8 pilot and 3 commander characters featured throughout the campaign have almost 4x more custom voice overs (over 2100).
- Additional documents and custom kneeboard pages are available for each sortie.
DCS: F/A-18C Hornet Update
Our Hornet team continues their hard work on the cockpit systems, sensors and weapons of the F/A-18C. The current focus is on:
- Target of Opportunity (TOO) and Pre-Briefed (PB) HARM modes. Once complete, we will start work on the Litening II targeting pod for the Hornet; the ATFLIR will come at a later point in early access. Note that US Marine Corps Hornet’s operate the Litening II pod. However, this is not a simple copy and paste from the A-10C Litening II pod; this is still a significant amount of work, but it will allow us to bring a Hornet TGP into the game faster than the ATFLIR.
- A huge amount of work is ongoing with the data link (D/L). This is probably the most complex system for the Hornet given the network sharing and new code that needs to be created. We are making good progress, and it will be a “game changer”. This will also address a new system of IFF in which locking an aircraft is no longer required to IFF interrogate it. The Hornet can operate on a D/L network and receive and correlate data from other Link-16 equipped aircraft (F/F) and surveillance aircraft like E-2 and E-3 AWACS (SURV).
- In additional to cleaning up the DUD and fuze logic / pull-up cue and break X for HD bombs, progress has been quite rapid on JDAM and JSOW. Like D/L, this is also a rather complex task that will take time. Like HARM, these GPS-guided weapons have both TOO and pre-planned modes with many attack options.
- Work is ongoing on the Latent Track While Scan (LTWS) and Track While Scan (TWS) air-to-air radar modes. This will in turn tie into the D/L.
We expect to see several of these items available this month.
New DCS World Features Available now in the Open Beta and coming soon, are two new features for DCS World:
- Wake Turbulence. Just like the wake behind a ship, an aircraft also produces a turbulence wake behind it, with the strongest forces coming off the wingtips as vortices. DCS World will now be modeling these as an option and will add a new level of realism and challenge when flying formations, aerial refueling, and air-to-air combat.
- Battle Damage Assessment. Displayed along the left side of the screen when a target is damaged or destroyed by the player, these notifications appear. A red notification indicates a destroyed target and a yellow notification with a percentage indicates a damaged target. When in the cockpit, it can often be difficult to know if a target was hit and damaged. This optional feature is provided to remove that mystery.
DCS: MiG-19P Farmer Update The MiG-19P was originally planned for a release in January, but after an extensive review of the MiG-19, we and RAZBAM have decided to postpone its release until a few items are resolved. These include some needed improvements to the flight model and documentation. It’s RAZBAM’s desire to release the MiG-19P in a finished state so it will need just a little more time in the oven to meet this expectation.
The Eagle Dynamics Team
Source: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php? ... to=newpost