DCS: F-16C Update
As mentioned in our yearly wrap up, one of our biggest projects for this year is the legendary F-16C Fighting Falcon, also called the Viper. In parallel with the Hornet, we already have a sub-team working on the Viper that includes programmers who have completed their Hornet tasks. Much of their focus is currently on the flight model, Flight Control System (FLCS), cockpit and the external model. Using much of what we learned with the Hornet, progress has been good, and is in no way slowing down Hornet completion.
As we pour the concrete, we can start to pass along some of our plans. Please remember they are plans, not timeline promises.
Our Viper will be an F-16C with the Common Configuration Implementation Program (CCIP) upgrade. We feel this to be the most versatile version of the F-16 with capabilities for SEAD, precision attack, close air support, anti-ship, and of course air-to-air. We will be taking great care though to develop a very accurate simulation of the F-16C Block 50 operated by the United States Air Force and Air National Guard circa 2007.
Core systems of our F-16C include:
- F-110-GE-129 turbofan engine
- AN/APG-68(V)5 multi-mode radar
- AN/ALR-56M Radar Warning Receiver
- AN/ALQ-131/184 ECM pods
- CCIP (Common Configuration Implementation Program) update
- ALE-47 countermeasure system
This will be a massive project, so we will separate it into two phases: Phase 1 Early Access release and then Phase 2 Product Sustainment.
Phase 1 Early Access Release:
- Color Multifunction Display (CMFD) symbology, Horizontal Situation Display (HSD) format, and Head-up Display (HUD) symbology
- Digitally TACAN and Electronic Horizontal Situation Indicator (EHSI)
- BDU-33, BDU-50LD/HD, Mk-82LDGP, Mk-82AIR, Mk-84LDGP, BLU-109/B, CBU-87 CEM, and CBU-97 SFW unguided bombs
- 2.75” rockets LAU-68 and LAU-131
- Joint Helmet Mounted Cueing System (JHMCS)
- AIM-9L/M/P/X Sidewinder
- AIM-120B/C AMRAAM
- M61A1 20mm cannon
Phase 2 Product Sustainment:
- Multifunctional Information Distribution System (MIDS)
- Link 16 Data Link
- AGM-65D/G/H/K Maverick
- AGM-88C HARM
- AN/ASQ-213 HARM Targeting System (HTS)
- Sniper XR Advanced Targeting Pod
- GBU-10, GBU-12, GBU-24A/B laser-guided bombs
- BRU-57/A Smart Rack
- CBU-103 CEM and CBU-105 SFW Inertially Aided Munitions (IAM)
- GBU-31/A, GBU-32, and GBU-38/B JDAM
- AGM-154/A and /B JSOW
- AGM-158/A JASSM
- Integration of the JHMCS with the HARM Targeting System (HTS), Link 16, and AIFF
- ALE-50 towed decoy
As this project accelerates, we will be providing updates to keep you abreast of our progress to this much awaited addition to DCS World.
DCS: C-101 AvioJet by AvioDev Now on Steam DCS: C-101 Aviojet will include both the C-101EB and C-101CC models. The C-101EB model is the primary jet trainer and aerobatic display aircraft of the Spanish Air Force, whilst the C-101CC model, with its 7 hard-points and uprated engine, is a versatile light attack aircraft that has seen combat with the Honduras Air Force against drug traffickers. It is also in service with the Jordanian and Chilean air forces. The two models of the C-101 have many similarities that include cockpit layout, core-systems operation, and aerodynamic design. This commonality brings something for everyone to include lead-in jet training, advanced aerobatics, and light attack.
Features of DCS: C-101 include:
C-101EB and C-101CC:
- Realistic flight model that represents the actual performance and flight mechanics of the aircraft at a professional level and with absolute accuracy
- Highly detailed, six-degrees-of-freedom, clickable cockpit
- Complete and accurate aircraft systems implementation (electrical, fuel, hydraulic, pressurization, oxygen, radio, navigation)
- Complete circuit breaker simulation with correct failed systems behaviors
- TARSYN gyro system replicated with exacting detail
- Accurate flight director system
- Custom air data simulation (airspeed/altimeter behaviors, etc.)
- Pitot system icing implemented as well as many other specific features and effects
- Multiplayer two-seater controls
- Realistic implementation of all systems (radios, navigation, etc.) on both cockpits, including interaction between front and rear seats
- Realistic GPU model
- Realistic smoke system
- Weapons system with air-to-air short-range IR missiles, gun pods, bombs, rockets and Sea Eagle anti-ship missile
DCS World Open Beta Update Please find the complete change log for this week’s Open Beta update here.
Notable items in the update this week include:
- Increased the JTAC laser designation range to 3,000 meters to match real-world equipment.
- Battle Damage Assessment (BDA) option is now server-side enforced.
- Adjusted Su-33 aircraft carrier takeoff weight.
- Corrected network play performance impact when no sound card is present.
- Added infantry to Abkhazia and South Ossetia.
- Added Cuba to country list.
- Kazakhstan MiG-29 skins added.
- Several crash circumstances fixed.
- M-2000C external model updated and wing vapors added.
- Fixes to the AV-8B NA, Christen Eagle II, and MiG-21bis.
- Numerous improvements to the C-101.
- Hornet improvements including improved unguided weapons accuracy, DUD cue logic, pullup cue and Break X logic, and high drag bombs. An option for Maverick TDC slew that does not require TDC press has been added. Time on Target HUD cue has been fixed.
- Spitfire canopy corrected.
- Now able to rearm and refuel from all locations at Al Dhafra airbase in the Persian Gulf map.
- Several campaigns have fixes and improvements.
The Eagle Dynamics Team
Source: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php? ... to=newpost