The Fw 190 A-8 is our next entry into our line of warbirds for DCS World War II!
Designed for the German Luftwaffe by famed aircraft designer Kurt Tank in the late-1930s, the Fw 190 was the backbone of the Luftwaffe in both fighter and attack bomber roles. Powered by a large radial engine, the A version of the Focke-Wulf 190 was superior in many ways to the Bf 109s and Spitfires at the time of its introduction. In fact, this led to the development of the Mk.IX version of the Spitfire. The Spitfire LF Mk.IX and the Fw 190 A-8 make excellent counterparts for DCS World. The Fw 190 later evolved into the Fw 190 D-9, also available on DCS World.
Many of the Luftwaffe’s aces racked up their impressive kill counts in the Fw 190 A due to its impressive fire power, excellent low to medium altitude performance, durability, and ease of flying. It saw action on both the eastern and western fronts where it was both respected and feared by allied pilots. Armament included two fuselage-mounted 13 mm MG 131 machine guns and four wing-mounted MG 151/20E 20 mm cannons. The aircraft could also be loaded with unguided rockets and bombs.
The A-8 version of the Fw 190 entered production in February 1944, and it was powered by a BMW 801 D-2 radial engine. In addition to excellent low- and medium-altitude performance, the engine was also very rugged. Along with the F-8 version, it also had thicker armor around the engine. The engine also received the C3 injection system that provided an emergency boost of 1,980 PS in short durations.
Key features of the DCS: Fw 190 A-8
- Unmatched flight physics that allow you to truly feel what it's like to fly this legend.
- Highly detailed, six-degrees-of-freedom (6 DOF) cockpit.
- Interact with cockpit controls with your mouse.
- Accurate Fw 190 A-8 model, squadron markings, and weapons.
- Detailed modelling the Fw 190 A-8 instruments, weapons, engine, radios, fuel, and electrical systems.
- Battle the Spitfire LF Mk.IX and P-51D Mustang in single and multiplayer games.
DCS: F-16C Viper Pre-Order on Steam Pre-order the DCS: F-16C Viper on Steam today and save 20%.
Pre-order on Steam
The F-16C is a single seat, single engine multirole fighter that was developed in the 1970s. More than 4,500 units were manufactured and are operated today by 26 countries where the aircraft performs numerous missions that include air superiority, close air support, precision bombing, air defense suppression, reconnaissance and more. Few other aircraft can match its versatility, maneuverability, firepower, and huge production numbers.
Nicknamed the Viper by its pilots, the F-16 was designed with a reclined seating position for high G tolerance and a single-piece bubble canopy for exceptional visibility and comfort. Its lightweight and powerful F-110-GE-129 engine provides a greater than 1:1 thrust ratio. Housed in the nose of the Viper is a multifunction APG-68(V)5 radar. The aircraft can also be equipped with multiple sensors such as the Litening targeting pod and HARM Targeting System (HTS).
The Viper is armed for air-to-air combat with Sidewinders, AMRAAMs, and an internal 20mm 6-barrel Gatling gun. It can also be loaded with a wide range of air-to-ground weapons that include general purpose bombs, rockets, canister munitions, Mavericks, laser- and GPS-guided bombs, and more. The F-16 provides endless gameplay in DCS World!
DCS World Open Beta Update This week we updated the Open Beta with the two primary items being the addition of the Fw 190 A-8 to DCS World and adjusting network code to better handle large number of units in a mission. Other highlights of this week’s Open Beta update include:
- Initial, work-in-progress wing tip vortices wakes was added. This must be enabled from Options
- Cleaned up a video rendering memory leak
- Improved AI taxi AI around obstacles
- Radio altimeter now accounts for when the aircraft is over a ship
- New sonic boom sound effects
- Added ZBD-04A IFV as part of China Assets Pack
- Carrier lights now illuminate in overcast conditions
- A-10C: fixed trim yaw with SAS disengaged
- UH-1H: door gunners no longer try to shoot through buildings to hit targets
- F/A-18C: HARM guidance fixed when target lock is lost, JDAM maximum range circle calculation fixed, corrected hidden SAM unit displayed on SA page, EW symbols displayed to A/A radar format, PRECISE mode for waypoint entry via the HSI, fixed AGM-88 motor alignment, FEDS cue for A/A gun in training mode, BATR cue for A/A gun HUD, and updated RWR and HARM threat codes to be more realistic. Most Hornet new features like JSOW and MSI for LTWS will be for next week.
- Combined Arms: Fixed tank destroyer hull alignment when engaging, gun positions synchronized in network play, re-arming times adjusted for several units, AI routing through buildings adjusted, fixed SA-13 aiming.
- Numerous third-party aircraft fixes, adjustments and new features for the AV-8B, MiG-19, F-14B, C-101, AJS-37 Viggen, and MiG-21bis.
- Updates to seven campaigns.
Please see the complete change log here
The Eagle Dynamics Team
Source: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php? ... to=newpost