ED Forums > DCS World Weekend News
Posted: 2018-12-07 17:20
DCS World Open Beta Update This week’s Open Beta update has some great updates to DCS World, the Hornet, and the Viggen. Highlights include:
- Hornet changes: added work-in-progress AGM-65F infrared-guided Maverick air-to-ground missile; corrected Hornet catapult launch roughness; added “Go to Tanker’ command for AI Hornets; corrected and improved the Hornet radar in RWS and STT modes; and corrected and improved operation of the Joint Helmet Mounted Cueing System (JHMCS). More great stuff coming in the 19 December update!
- Corrected potential for static objects not being visible to multiplayer clients.
- Added removal or cargo in multiplayer based on scripting.
- Viggen changes: greatly improved air-to-ground radar; corrected TERRNAV not fixing; and added scratches to canopy glass.
DCS: Combined Arms – Frontlines Georgia Campaign The Combined Arms Frontlines Georgia campaign is the first Combined Arms single player campaign. In this campaign you will experience many different aspects of Combined Arms combat in DCS World, from commanding many units over several different objectives to sitting in a tank and commanding a platoon from the driver’s seat.
- 11 Story driven missions (with supplemental missions if you have a stumble along the way)
- Command various ground units, from armor to transport
- Freedom to set up your air units load-outs before the mission starts
- 35+ unique voice overs
With CA Frontlines, we hope you will learn and enjoy playing DCS: Combined Arms in ways you might not have ever thought about before.
Purchase in the DCS e-shop
DCS: F/A-18C Hornet Last month we added the Joint Helmet Mounted Cueing System (JHMCS), AGM-65E laser-Maverick, the FPAS page, updated Hornet Guide, and improved air-to-air radar performance. For this month we’ll be added the AGM-65F infrared-guided Maverick, GBU-10, 12, and 16 Paveway II laser-guided bombs, 13 new interactive training lessons, air-to-air waypoint (bullseye) and BRA information. We are also working on the AGM-88 HARM and datalink MIDS/MSI with improved IFF, but these may not be available until January 2019, based on testing results.
Afterwards, other systems will be developed like LTWS/TWS air-to-air radar modes, GPS- and INS-guided weapons, further JHMCS features, and others.
In parallel, we are working on the technology for air-to-ground radar and new FLIR rendering technology. These are very important to the Hornet’s AN/APG-73 radar and ATFLIR pod.
Burning Skies Multiplayer Server
For DCS World multiplayer pilots, the Burning Skies server is now testing our new dedicated server technology! This is acting as a test-bed to help us debug the dedicated software with many players (cenzura). The dedicated server will form the backbone of DCS World multiplayer.
Burning Skies is a World War II server with options to fly the Mustang, Spitfire, Dora, and Kurfurst. As an official server, will be supporting Burning Skies with prizes to the championship winners.
For a fantastic World War II multiplayer experience, stop by and fly a sortie!
Source: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php? ... to=newpost